Lebron James: When the chips are down...

Someone once told me "You'll never appreciate winning until you experience the pain of losing". I was 15 years old and had just been cut from my junior varsity basketball team.
I cried, bitched and pouted like any other kid would. I thought to myself "thats bullsh-t". Magic Johnson never lost a game. KRS ONE never lost a battle. the pretty boy always got the girl. Why me? Why now? As I sat in room and wallowed in self pity, I decided to watch my favorite video: "Come fly with me" by Micheal Jordan. Maybe if i could dunk...what if I could fly...like Mike. I usually skipped thru the early parts and went right to the highlights, but not today. I watched, listened and learned. Micheal was cut from his junior varsity team! What?? Just like me!? Yes just like me, you and everyone else. The greatest to ever do it suffered setbacks and heartaches. Embarrassed and humbled, he re-channeled his desires and dedicated myself to becoming the very best at his profession...

Lebron is at the crossroads of his career. This is his 6th year in the league. Jordan won his 1st ring in year 7. Although he's accomplished more by the age of 25 than ANY other star before him, his resume remains incomplete. Yes, with great talent comes great expectations. He understands this. He accepts the criticism along with the praise. He's tasted defeat and will surely not surrender his place as the games elite. So, as the media and critics dissect his every word and speculate on his future, Lebron is already winning...bear witness.



0 comments:

Post a Comment