Monday Hip Hop Report...


Grammy-winning rapper Jay-Z took over "Saturday Night Live" last night with multiple performances of tracks from his latest album, The Blueprint III.
 "Jay-Z took the stage where he first performed a medley (that was apparently too long ) of his hit songs and eventually was joined by Bridget Kelly for "Empire State of Mind." Later on Mr Hudson wearing some strange pants teamed up with the rapper on "Young Forever," which he dedicated to the "most incredible Betty White." Too bad Betty and Jay did not do a skit together. (TV Spread It)


Rap veteran Nas recently shared his input on the impact illegal Internet leaks have had on hip-hop sales and if artists should solely blame hackers for their poor retail success.

"Before [Internet leaks,] the mob was hijacking trucks with albums," Nas explained in an interview. "Shiploads of albums were going to the warehouse and getting hijacked by the mob or the sh*t would just leak. Somebody would make a cassette copy or a CD or whatever they was doing back then, sh*t was always leaking, the black market. The Africans would be out there with the fake joints on the sidewalk. It's always gonna leak, no matter if it's the Internet or what. It was always leaking before the Internet. It is what it is. I don't like saying [the Internet takes away the sales.] When it first happened, yeah, it was a lot of music being stolen, it still is, and at first it was such a new thing that everybody blamed the Internet but it's the new world. It'll balance out eventually." (LIFE Files)


Young Money's Drake recently updated fans on the status of his acting career and said he has not been impressed with the quality of scripts he has been offered so far.

"That's probably my biggest goal is to get back into acting and really pick the right projects," he said in an interview. "I've been reading different scripts but I know what I want to do and what type of project I want to be involved in and I've just been getting the typical projects that they'd offer to a new rapper, and it's like, ehh. That's not really what I want to do, or how I see myself...I can actually act. I've studied acting. I've studied the craft and I'm also very open to receiving a role and committing my time whether it's two weeks, a month, two months, before the movie starts shooting to really get into that role. Like I know what it is to do character research and really live as someone else in preparation for a movie, so that's something I'm willing to do. I care about acting a lot so I'm excited to get back into it." (XXL Mag)

0 comments:

Post a Comment